COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Settlements and other related questions

I backed during Kickstarter, but am just now getting up to speed with the development of the game. At this point, I'm trying to get to grips with the settlements. I've tried reading forum posts and articles, but haven't found what I'm looking for. If there's posts or threads that would be helpful, that would be great.

At minimum, I'm thinking of upgrading to the Bloodline package, and acquiring a settlement. My first question is related to Mayors and Barons. How do you differentiate between the two, and if a settlement is claimed before the county has been claimed can you still go the baron route?

If you have a mayor package, can you claim a town, or are you limited to a village or hamlet? And if you decided to upgrade before launch, are you paying the full price, or the difference between the two? I hope that makes sense. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth starting with a settlement, or go straight to county.

If during the auction you claim a county, do you have to upgrade your pledge, or is Bloodline sufficient?

12/21/2019 8:24:41 PM #1

Mayor vs Baron Same settlement duties. To be a Barron you will enter into a contract with your Duke/Duchess and focus of the defense of the Duchy with their help. You Can find info here: -DJ #18: Kingdom & Land Management-

A Mayor can claim any size settlement from a Hamlet up to a City/Capital. If you are selecting a settlement in an open County then 1 Town+ size settlement is reserved for the eventual count. In this scenario if the county has only a single Town+ then you have to take something smaller. If you are selecting a settlement in a County that has already been claimed then you can pick any settlement left no matter what the size is. You can find info here: -Settlers of Elyria is Coming!-

For all things Elyria in one place try here: -Read First! General Info & FAQ's-

Divide et Impera

12/21/2019 8:47:24 PM #2

Interesting, thank you. As an example, there is a county which is unclaimed, which has three settlements in it. A town, village, and a hamlet. If I purchase the town in the auction, but later the county is claimed, what happens?

12/21/2019 9:07:32 PM #3

Posted By Spider at 8:47 PM - Sat Dec 21 2019

Interesting, thank you. As an example, there is a county which is unclaimed, which has three settlements in it. A town, village, and a hamlet. If I purchase the town in the auction, but later the county is claimed, what happens?

You can't claim the town in that scenario.

12/21/2019 9:29:32 PM #4

Posted By Spider at 2:47 PM - Sat Dec 21 2019

Any unclaimed County has 1 town+ settlement reserved for the eventual count whether it ends up being a player or NPC. So in your scenario the Town's buy button would be grayed out for you.

Divide et Impera