COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
Calling all blacksmiths

I'm starting a guild, Aetna. I have multiple counts offering, and a deal I'm about to seal. Conditions as follows: Guild- Just be passionate and disciplined about smithing. That's it. Aim to be masters and the best, stuff takes time.

Now terms and rights reserved: The local lord will provide upstart resources and a shop to work. In return I will give discounts to the lord and their soldiers at a reasonable price.

Rights reserved: I reserve the right to free trade, sell to whom I wish. I reserve the right to purchase my shop AND a guild building (hopefully at discount on satisfactory of work) Forign government Conditions within reason are: I will sell 20 of my best items to foreign lords/kings if they wish to arm a special guard unit. Plus the lord's themselves of course.

Finally: To other guilds and smiths, let us open relations and form a grand smithing council. It's just good business not so much politics ;)

12/27/2019 8:46:12 PM #1

What kingdom? What duchy? We need information for this. I'm in Blackheart on NA-W planning to be a custom smith.

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

12/27/2019 9:02:51 PM #2

I believe they chose Alésia on East

12/27/2019 9:55:16 PM #3

I think the point of the guild is to be server-wide (NA-E)

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

12/28/2019 12:10:21 AM #4

Posted By zimmah at 4:55 PM - Fri Dec 27 2019

I think the point of the guild is to be server-wide (NA-E)

Actually, I think the OP is announcing the creation, or desire to create, 2 separate entities: a localized guild, and a grand smithing council.

Naughty-I would also define what your desires/benefits are for your guild, and for this grand council.
Example- Who will run these organisations, will there be some membership fee, or percentage off the top, etc, and what are the benefits? Will the count only allow crafters affiliated with your guild to use the building? Will you share technology developed through your guild? Are you trying to stabilize prices through the grand council? (grand council would, if there is a mechanic for it or if you can make it run without one, work with whole kingdoms to decide how much power it has, etc. Neither are bad ideas, and I applaud you for your desire to start them, I would just love to hear more fleshed out versions.

Evil? More like Chaotic Neutral...ish

1/4/2020 1:18:28 AM #5

Posted By Zeek_Halykr at 12:46 PM - Fri Dec 27 2019

What kingdom? What duchy? We need information for this. I'm in Blackheart on NA-W planning to be a custom smith.

I will be a blacksmith on the west coast blackheart kingdom, duskholm dutchy, the Quagmire county.. my goal is to try to become a master blacksmith amongst the dras, and have my weapons be renowned

Mayor of Greycarver

2/6/2020 9:32:45 PM #6

I'm very interested in starting a smithing council. The best way to guarantee that the skill of smithing is constantly increasing is by building an organized way for people to meet, compare their work, and also get a little competitive about their skill. I do, however, need more information like others here have said.

If this is server specific, I may need to go elsewhere. I'm already bias towards NA-W and wish to be based in Fioralba, Ashland. If it isn't, however, and is designed as an overhead council for all servers I would then relish the opportunity to work with smiths from across the world, even if meeting in game may be impossible.

Overall I think it's a great idea, but depending on how you intend to go with this idea I may be incapable of doing much more then what I am right now

Mighty gear for the Mighty Menn

3/20/2020 2:15:02 AM #7

I was also looking at setting up shop in NA-W / Ashland / Fioralba.

Seems the a good area for a Smith to get up and running. Currently planning to be a Martialsmith. I'm just not sure if i'm going to specialize on weapons or armor yet.