COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Let's start a Religion!! Ha ha!!

Any ideas as to how to start your own ingame Religion/Occult!! I just think it would be awesome to establish a god and or gods in the game... AYAHUASCA goddess the dreamers.

12/31/2019 6:25:13 AM #1

The game has a religion system with deities that already exist, this means that while you as a person could RP some other faith, NPC's wont't acknowledge it and you can't gain any bonuses like you do from the other faiths.

So really, there isn't much point in doing that. There might be a chance to re-interpret the teachings of a god, so while you still follow the faith you do so in a different manner, eg: Kypiq and Janoans both believe all animals have a soul, the Janoans believe that if you consume them you gain their soul and strength, the Kypiq don't and believe they should be protected.

Both start from the same premise then interpret it very differently.

(I apologies if I made a mess of that comparison, Faeden isn't my strong suit, but it was the best I could think of).

The strength of the wolf is the Pack. Fight with honour.

12/31/2019 6:35:19 AM #2

I did hear of this one cult, "The Cult of Haji" that sounded cool.

Praise Haji!!

12/31/2019 11:55:48 AM #3

The story of Elyrias past and future is closely combined with the Qin. On Selene the Order of the Flame of Hope will teach history so members of all existing religions will realize that they are all from the same root and that they will lead to a need for colaboration. The Qin caused evil that will brake free later on and can only be defeated by all tribes and their different abilities to fight, to think and to act. So the Order of the Flame of Hope will add a common rite to combine different sparks to a strong, single flame. Little tasks will make Elyrians start a pilgrimage to one of the two sanctuaries nutrated by the Order to reflect on this higher, common task.

House Pyrros

12/31/2019 11:59:46 AM #4

I will build a cathedral that has nothing to do with what the lore tells us to believe.

1/7/2020 2:01:41 AM #5

I think it might be interesting if there is a found religion talent that can be unlocked by having really high bardic and/or guile skills.

Probably won't happen at this point unless they already have secret plans for it lol.

1/7/2020 2:21:17 AM #6

I cannot resist proposing this, despite the risks.

Why not start a religion that devoutly believes the game will launch (or undergo some other prophesied milestone) on a specific date in 2020. Stage major events organized around the predicted launch date. Then when it doesn't, change the belief to 2021. Repeat as necessary.

1/7/2020 11:53:08 AM #7

As far as I understood it will be more or less as Khalma mentioned it. Players will be able to create cults of existing ingame religions but they will not be able to create their own religions.

Most likely it will be this way that as a Virtori you create a cult about Asiduuryn (Diligence) and while this cult will stay Virtori and follow the Virtori teaching this cult would focus their prayers to Asiduuryn and will just use symbols/statues of this virtue.

Count of "Wulfsbargen" in the Duchy "Avaland" within the Kingdom "Tryggr". If not explicit mentioned the above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Duchy or Kingdom.