COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
professions ?

Good morning Elyria (CET)

i have an interogation regarding the profession : i understood the way to improve skills by practicing, watching, learning.

But, will we choose during the creation's character the main profession ? should i choose a city where the profession exist already to learn more ?

For instance if i want to be a doctor, can i go every where or do i need to choose a city with a doctor ?

have a nice new year eve :)

Skilpadde - Leviathan's City in Salernum

12/31/2019 9:16:49 AM #1

They don't have professions as most games would, they have general skills that will level up over time... but when you go through creation you can choose your family if you come from a family of blacksmiths you will be able to pick up blacksmithing faster than say a family of Tanners would as you probably watched your family in the forge. They will also have aspects of you chose to go with a ward of the state where you get a little extra customization if you don't come from a family.

Mayor of Greycarver

1/4/2020 12:37:39 PM #2

Posted By Phgil at 09:16 AM - Tue Dec 31 2019

They don't have professions as most games would, they have general skills that will level up over time... but when you go through creation you can choose your family if you come from a family of blacksmiths you will be able to pick up blacksmithing faster than say a family of Tanners would as you probably watched your family in the forge. They will also have aspects of you chose to go with a ward of the state where you get a little extra customization if you don't come from a family.

(EDITED) That's not entirely true I'm afraid ! See my next post for an explanation.❌

Forgive me I misread your comment about professions as ( They don't have professions ) My bad, My old eyes are useless with my phone, lol.

1/4/2020 12:43:13 PM #3

Posted By Fredef at

Good morning Elyria (CET)

i have an interogation regarding the profession : i understood the way to improve skills by practicing, watching, learning.

But, will we choose during the creation's character the main profession ? should i choose a city where the profession exist already to learn more ?

For instance if i want to be a doctor, can i go every where or do i need to choose a city with a doctor ?

have a nice new year eve :)

Try these links for further info on PROFESSIONS & family selection.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/32708/dss-professions-what-are-they-even

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/414/Design-Journal-5-Families-Family-Selection

While it's great to have a large selection of families, you may have specific requirements for the family you want to join - and they may have requirements/expectations for you! To help with the matchmaking process the Family Selection Screen includes a set of filters which allow you to narrow in on a small set of families which you think will be a good fit for you. As you can see in Figure 1, family selection is currently divided up into five categories. These include:

General Info Wealth, Power & Standing Occupations Disposition Physical Traits

1/4/2020 9:20:22 PM #4

thank you ! :)

both link seems to redirect here

1/5/2020 7:00:16 PM #5

Posted By Fredef at 9:20 PM - Sat Jan 04 2020

thank you ! :)

both link seems to redirect here

That's very strange !! Nonetheless you have two options, you can right click the links and copy link address and open in a new window or copy the same links below here, sorry for the error, i'll look into it.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/32708/dss-professions-what-are-they-even

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/414/Design-Journal-5-Families-Family-Selection

1/5/2020 7:14:26 PM #6

This guys suppose to be one of the best they can find in his kingdom.

Becoming a Legend of the community, one post at a time.

1/8/2020 8:53:02 PM #7

Posted By Conquistador at 7:14 PM - Sun Jan 05 2020

lmao,

first I've heard of that positive credential analogy of my per sieved status within my kingdom,

would love to know where you got that Intel from so i can thank them. ps. instead of attacking my credentials here in this post where i'm striving to help someone !

why not do better yourself ! i mean after all, are you not striving to do so ( Becoming a Legend of the community, one post at a time.) !?

1/9/2020 5:45:28 AM #8

Posted By Conquistador at 8:14 PM - Sun Jan 05 2020

He help me and it was an information. Even maybe i made mistake... and at the end i copied the link and it worked.

But if you have something interesting to add regarding the profession i'm listening.

Thank you