COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
The Land of Dreams

Delusions can come in many forms. Delusions of self-worth, abilities or importance. But there are also collective delusions, beliefs that all people of a group share.

Words Are My Shield

While the Kingdom of Tryggr will be the first on the receiving end, Al Khezam are the next most likely kingdom to be on the receiving end. As stated before, no kingdoms leadership feels their people will be on the receiving end and all kingdoms leadership have some degree of naivety.

Al Khezam are not exempt from these human flaws either. Preferring diplomacy over war, the leaders in Dreamland believe that they will still be capable of defending their territory despite their people’s and generals having no experience of combat. Wars bring innovation, innovation in tactics and technology. Simply buying this technology from other kingdoms or adopting tactics that have been successful doesn’t make for a kingdom adaptive to war. Neither will they attract warriors until war arrives. At that point many warriors will have settled elsewhere, fuelling a demand for mercenaries which the kingdom will have to maintain and replenish over a long period of time.

If diplomatic talks break down, they have to rely on other means, means they were not prepared to use.

A One Way Attraction

Had Arkadia not been Al Khezams neighbour, this utopia the peaceful kingdom is striving for would have a greater chance of success. But as Al Khezams economy grows and prosperity and wealth is spread across the land, they become a more attractive target. While their neighbours fight, their people and their leaders will have never seen war. So like an old lion fighting a young lion, the old lion knows how to face certain challenges. However, the young lion has a lot of energy and can use its resources more efficiently. Al Khezam just have to hope that the old lion doesn’t have its energy, because if it does, it’ll have more than double the young lions energy.

The Threat Persists

If Al Khezam are left untouched, and stick with their anti-war policy, they have a very real chance of growing into a prosperous kingdom with a strong influence overseas. Refugees will be drawn to this safe haven and no one will see them as a threat as their military spending will be less than that of their neighbours. Preferring much of their budget spending into growth and colonisation. Therefore, the military tech will not be as advanced.

It cannot be overlooked however that their largest neighbour is twice as big and may want to acquire foreign resources if trade deals are not in their favour. Arkadia could become disgruntled at trading away too many resources or their most valuable resources for a unique resource only Al Khezam have. Even worse, Al Khezam may choose not to trade that unique resource as they may find a better deal elsewhere, or prefer to keep it.

Discussions over trade benefiting both party’s may fail, particularly if Arkadia feel acquiring/stealing the unique resource from border counties is either economically better than trading for it or their only option. If the enemy feel superior, they will be more willing to take risks.

If Not Today, Tomorrow

Disputes can arise over sea territory, trade routes, banditry and any number of challenges Al Khezam may face with their too close for comfort neighbour. It’s no secret that the enemy is very sensitive and won’t hesitate to act aggressively if they don’t get what they want.

The orator tasked with preventing a state who feel superior, righteous, sometimes entitled and aren’t concerned with the costs of aggression, must be one of the sharpest and most persuasive communicators one can find on the continent. For Al Khezams ambition to avoid unnecessary conflict depends on the skill of their most talented diplomat.

If all goes well, they will not be a threat on the mainland. Though they will most certainly be a threat overseas, in turn bringing the threat home.

A pessimist will say that Al Khezams future looks bleak, a realist will say that Al Khezam has a better future than Tryggr and an optimist will say that Al Khezam‘s reliance on diplomacy will safeguard its borders and avoid foreign intervention, inwardly or outwardly.

Becoming a Legend of the community, one post at a time.

1/2/2020 3:45:16 PM #1

I was avoiding to reply in any of this threads, but since they provide so much fun I decided this time I would say something.

First, as in the other posts, you seem to assume a lot. In this case, the biggest assumption is that diplomacy over war = no military capability/research/dvelopment etc. I've said often, the biggest trouble won't be kingdom vs kingdom or any other territory wars, but random players who like a more "adrenaline charged" gameplay.Therefore, every kingdom, duchy etc will have to create a good military force, otherwise all will fall within themselves, without the need of "foreign intervention".

Second, there is a great idea that all players will be minions to the higher ups. I will say now, that the farmer on the west will not care (and much likely not know) about any trade disagreements someone had over the price or transport of sand on the border east.Just forget it. The kingdom decisions and what random players want to do with their life wont match very often.

About acquiring resources over the border. I highly doubt it will be soldiers doing that job. NPCs or again, that random player who just likes digging will probably sneak some up and have to deal with a fine if caught. But most likely he wont since he most probably was unaware of the law or will just be given permission or be told of a better/safer location, because no, not all players are asses trying to hoard everything for themselves and ruin the gameplay to anyone who joins the game and has no idea about wars/discussions/etc.

About wars between kingdoms. I'm sure there will be plenty. Not so sure they will be planned by the kingdom nor fought by the kingdom. I expect random groups/clans will later join the game and do whatever they want, regardless of the deals/alliances and whatever made by kings. And for all the war talk, I have invited plenty of the "enemies" to visit my place. Remember. It is a game. Have fun and let have fun is a good rule.

1/2/2020 4:24:45 PM #2

Ngl, I was excited to read the one about my own kingdom. But this was a very disappointing and uninteresting read compared to others. 2/10

1/2/2020 4:27:58 PM #3

All land in all servers are the land of dreams in CoE ;)

1/2/2020 4:32:35 PM #4

When I was 3 years old, my grandmother often photographed me ... .. When I read your description, I laughed the same way my friend did when she saw me as a child.

Делай, что должно и что будет суждено случиться.

Кажущаяся наивность. хорошо вяжется с хитростью. 

Можно быть хитрее другого, но нельзя быть хитрее всех.
1/2/2020 4:39:50 PM #5

Thank you very much for your interest in our kingdom! We do appreciate it.

I must admit I was hoping for something a bit more in-depth rather than the normal surface words bandied about in other kingdoms about us or at least something amusing and entertaining. Something like 'King Usifan's plan to ban all swords and turn the metal into quills is foolish' would've been nice.

Ah well... hope is such an elusive creature.

Your previous work has provided hours of entertainment so thank you for that at least.

I'll just leave this little thought: What's the use in telling a mann you're gonna kill him? All you'll do is give him warning.

Peace out!

1/2/2020 4:48:50 PM #6

All their ballroom dancing and fancy clothes will let them sidestep sword swings and confuse the enemy.

They're playing the meta game.

1/2/2020 5:00:49 PM #7

Posted By Rellik at 5:24 PM - Thu Jan 02 2020

Ngl, I was excited to read the one about my own kingdom. But this was a very disappointing and uninteresting read compared to others. 2/10

You're just salty because your kingdom is inexperienced in combat compared to other kingdoms that went through many battle..oh wait...

1/2/2020 5:33:00 PM #8

Posted By Abigor at 5:00 PM - Thu Jan 02 2020

You're just salty because your kingdom is inexperienced in combat compared to other kingdoms that went through many battle..oh wait...

Speak for yourself, I am a discord warrior of the highest ranking.

1/2/2020 5:45:46 PM #9

Another useless post. You assume too much! Al Kazam has nothing to fear from Arkadia, not naw and not in the future. The only way for a war to start in between us would be if Al Kazam would attack us. Trades with the Kingdom of Al kazam are welcome at any time.

King Usifan, like any other intelligent King, I am sure will organise military protection and Economic development and research etc etc.

So please whoever you are, you want our attention so badly, take example from Abigor post.

1/2/2020 6:02:48 PM #10

Please continue posting, lol. I don't know anything about the EU server, but your insane speculations are very entertaining. As are the responses to them.

1/2/2020 6:14:47 PM #11

Lol if you troll them, they will come...

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

1/2/2020 7:30:51 PM #12

Posted By Абигор at 8: 00 вечера-Чт янв 02 2020

Speak for yourself, please, I commanded huge guilds back when half the people here were playing in the sandbox. ^^

Делай, что должно и что будет суждено случиться.

Кажущаяся наивность. хорошо вяжется с хитростью. 

Можно быть хитрее другого, но нельзя быть хитрее всех.
1/2/2020 7:38:50 PM #13

What a croc of shit, Sorry I mean, what another croc of shit !!

But keep posting your nonsense, I'm happy & grateful your providing so much entertainment & humour to others 👍.

1/2/2020 9:12:53 PM #14

This was:

• boring to read.
  • full of assumptions.
  • a lot of words for very little content.
  • more like poorly made propaganda than an objective analysis.

boring

Sorry...

Imgur

1/12/2020 3:57:56 AM #15

Who would win the war between Al Khezam and Arkadia?

Becoming a Legend of the community, one post at a time.