Refund

How would I go about getting a refund?

1/6/2020 12:38:04 AM #1

There is no way to get a refund.

If you have questions though you can email support at [email protected]

1/6/2020 12:41:00 AM #2

Thanks!

1/6/2020 7:53:43 AM #3

As with any pre-alpha development, it's best to study up before contributing real money, especially if you're considering going above and beyond and putting in more than the average video game would cost. Hopefully you're able to avoid this issue in the future, going forward.

On the bright side, you'll be thanking yourself for pledging once you've installed the game and begin creating your very first character. The way I look at it, it's just nice having something to look forward to in the future, and I won't have to fork out the money to purchase the full game once it arrives.

Hope to see you in the Alpha mate. Good luck surviving 2020.

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

1/6/2020 4:43:46 PM #4

Good things come to those who wait... patiently :)

Backer #733 "What do we tell the God of Death? not today... not today!"

1/6/2020 5:45:07 PM #5

@Pendulum

That sounds patronizing to tell someone to do his homework. He may have. What people knew in January 2017 when he joined is not the same as what we know now.

A slew of people have been asking for refunds or else saying good bye this past week. That's SbS' fault for botching up the SoE event. They could be better at Public Relations, but there is only so much you can say when the Devs mess up an important launch.

I'm still hopeful SbS can turn this around, but I completely understand why some people are disgruntled.

Hopefully the new hires include both PR personnel and Devs with experience.

1/6/2020 6:00:44 PM #6

Posted By Calysta at 12:45 PM - Mon Jan 06 2020

@Pendulum

That sounds patronizing to tell someone to do his homework. He may have. What people knew in January 2017 when he joined is not the same as what we know now.

A slew of people have been asking for refunds or else saying good bye this past week. That's SbS' fault for botching up the SoE event. They could be better at Public Relations, but there is only so much you can say when the Devs mess up an important launch.

I'm still hopeful SbS can turn this around, but I completely understand why some people are disgruntled.

Hopefully the new hires include both PR personnel and Devs with experience.

A slew of people should have read about how there aren't refunds whilst doing their homework... I get why people are disgruntled, and if they have a great reason (hey soulbound, my house just burnt down, I/my family member is seriously I'll, etc.) then maybe SB will, through closed doors, consider it. But otherwise, anyone in this slew should have already known the answer. It's sad to see people go, and I understand getting discouraged (I have jumped up and down a few times too) but hopefully they will keep up the no refund policy. Hopefully those that left come back when the game comes out-either way, very grateful that they helped in any way to the development of the game.

Evil? More like Chaotic Neutral...ish

1/6/2020 6:29:05 PM #7

@Scourge

I took Pendulum's comment to be referring to whether or not this game is capable of being completed. Seeing your response, he could have also been talking about their refund policy.

To be honest, one would expect them to have a no refunds policy because giving too many refunds would open a Pandora's box. That said, if I ever decided to leave, I'd still ask for a refund through private channels because it never hurts to ask.

1/6/2020 7:05:34 PM #8

Haha true that I guess

Evil? More like Chaotic Neutral...ish

1/7/2020 12:44:15 AM #9

Posted By Calysta at 1:29 PM - Mon Jan 06 2020

@Scourge

I took Pendulum's comment to be referring to whether or not this game is capable of being completed. Seeing your response, he could have also been talking about their refund policy.

To be honest, one would expect them to have a no refunds policy because giving too many refunds would open a Pandora's box. That said, if I ever decided to leave, I'd still ask for a refund through private channels because it never hurts to ask.

Camelot Unchained has had a no questions asked refund policy and it has not hurt them despite all the delays. I think it was some tiny fraction of a percent of people that use it and it provides the customer with so much more confidence that I think it has to be an overall net plus.

1/7/2020 1:17:15 AM #10

For what it is worth, as of recent a few people have complained about SbS to the BBB with one response where SbS called the person and 'resolved' the matter.

No clue what this resolution was.

1/7/2020 1:28:03 AM #11

Posted By Drudge at 7:44 PM - Mon Jan 06 2020

Posted By Calysta at 1:29 PM - Mon Jan 06 2020

@Scourge

Camelot Unchained has had a no questions asked refund policy and it has not hurt them despite all the delays. I think it was some tiny fraction of a percent of people that use it and it provides the customer with so much more confidence that I think it has to be an overall net plus.

Can confirm, got refunded from CU.

Not necessarily for anything they were doing wrong, but because as time went on, I realized that the overall game they were designing was not one I was interested in (almost 100% PvP focused).

Imgur

1/7/2020 1:36:20 AM #12

honestly this game has raised an insane amount of money ..and with that said.. im very disapointed on how slowly this game is coming alone... i hope it is well worth it i really do but come guys lets get the ball rolling this year please

1/7/2020 5:04:25 PM #13

Posted By warbux at 6:36 PM - Mon Jan 06 2020

honestly this game has raised an insane amount of money

It really isn't. $8 million sounds like a huge amount of money until you start really considering costs.

A good software developer gets paid somewhere in the realm of $80,000 a year. Lets be generous and average out the entire team's salary to $70,000 a year. I'm not sure of the exact number but the studio has about 20 employees. 20 employees, at $70,000 a year, for the 3 years since the Kickstarter, is $4.2 million. So around half of their entire funds has gone JUST to salaries. That doesn't include equipment, rent on their building, software they need to purchase instead of produce, or anything else.

This is honestly a shoestring budget for this level of a project. Not using that to argue one way or the other if it will succeed or not. Just putting some data out there.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

1/7/2020 7:24:45 PM #14

Posted By BioRules at 12:04 PM - Tue Jan 07 2020

Posted By warbux at 6:36 PM - Mon Jan 06 2020

honestly this game has raised an insane amount of money

It really isn't. $8 million sounds like a huge amount of money until you start really considering costs.

A good software developer gets paid somewhere in the realm of $80,000 a year. Lets be generous and average out the entire team's salary to $70,000 a year. I'm not sure of the exact number but the studio has about 20 employees. 20 employees, at $70,000 a year, for the 3 years since the Kickstarter, is $4.2 million. So around half of their entire funds has gone JUST to salaries. That doesn't include equipment, rent on their building, software they need to purchase instead of produce, or anything else.

This is honestly a shoestring budget for this level of a project. Not using that to argue one way or the other if it will succeed or not. Just putting some data out there.

And to think Caspian said he could do it for half that amount for the full game, with all testing and features included.

1/7/2020 8:34:10 PM #15

Posted By warbux at 01:36 AM - Tue Jan 07 2020

honestly this game has raised an insane amount of money ..and with that said.. im very disapointed on how slowly this game is coming alone... i hope it is well worth it i really do but come guys lets get the ball rolling this year please

Insane amount of money for the game they're trying to build, are you really so naive when it comes to facts and figures?

It cost Rockstar 137+ Million Dollars for development of GTA V. Skyrim cost Bethesda around 100 Million Dollars. These are huge triple A studios with large development teams.

Chronicles of Elyria is going to be a far bigger and far more complex game than either of those mentioned above and they've managed to raise only $8 Million and have something like a dozen developers.

It took 6 years for Bethesda to make Skyrim with their shit tons of money and giant dev team and Chronicles of Elyria is only around 4 years in on a shoestring budget and in the first couple of years they didn't even have the team size they have today.

Welcome to your reality check.