COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Does anyone else feels like this is a scam now?

Can i get my money back?

Belvegor

1/8/2020 4:56:45 AM #1

Feel free to refer to >this< post

You can not get a refund

1/8/2020 5:12:12 AM #2

Yes you can get a refund ... STOP the BS no answers.. You need to contact Xsolla and they will refund you 100%. I am supporting the game and will continue to do so but I will not lie like some here on the forums and say no.

1/8/2020 5:15:03 AM #3

Friends got refunds fully in less than 24 hours one was for like 40 and my other friends was for like $840.00

1/8/2020 6:05:10 AM #4

I'm not sure thats how it works, as SbS clearly states that there are no refunds.

1/8/2020 6:10:06 AM #5

While SbS don't refund money, as a accountant I can say that third-party-services like Paypal or Xsolla will maybe refund the money if you fill in a complaint and can proof that you have not been receiving what you haven been paid for.

Especially Paypal is pro customer, I have also often problems with Paypal because they are refunding money way to easy.

Count A. Greyforge; All hail Lady Firesmith best Hrothi EU West

1/8/2020 6:12:17 AM #6

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 1/8/2020 6:05:10 AM

I'm not sure thats how it works, as SbS clearly states that there are no refunds.

That's because it's not SBS giving the refund. SBS has a no refunds policy, which you already know, of course. It's Xsolla giving the refunds, which is a different thing altogether and has nothing to do with SBS.

Whether Xsolla goes after SBS for the money, I don't know, but I know it's Xsolla, not SBS that does any refunds.

67CAC0

"Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same."

-Just a lowly beekeeper

1/8/2020 6:56:44 AM #7

Sealing wax is barely dry on Serps closure of the last refund request thread and yet another crops up.

Kind of like that "Wack a Mole" game at the carnival.

Perhaps they should amend the forum rules to state such posts will be quickly stricken from the site or some such.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/8/2020 6:59:44 AM #8

Yea cuz instant strike and ban people who ask for refunds will of course calm the matter down.

1/8/2020 7:13:46 AM #9

This is my favorite anonymous quote:

Chronicles of Elyria is a crowdfunded game currently. The goals and ambitions of the game still create too much risk for most publishers and investors. But that's something we're working to change.

In the meantime, our community pledges their support via the purchase of promotional items, etc. in order to fund the development of the game. So what people get when they buy something in our online store is "the continued development of the game." For which we, and others in the community, are continuously grateful.

If that doesn't make sense to you, or isn't what you're here for, then I urge you again not to buy anything from our online store. It's intended just for those that want to fund the development of Chronicles of Elyria.

I don't think any third party would give a refund unless someone can prove that SBS is not developing the game.

1/8/2020 7:23:00 AM #10

That really depends normally they will ask the Vendor ofc to present a statement but especially Paypal is often known for acting, before asking and thats where the fun begins for companies to get their money back.

But pack to topic: It is maybe possible to get your money back if you used a third party service.

1/8/2020 8:53:20 AM #11

I am just stating that it is possible and many people have. My friend's account is still active and still has his city and everything. Paypal will take the money from COE. And I have worked for the bank and Banks will also process refunds. But I am not looking to nor will I ever get a refund. Just staying facts.

1/8/2020 8:55:10 AM #12

Posted By Loggy at 12:53 AM - Wed Jan 08 2020

I am just stating that it is possible and many people have. My friend's account is still active and still has his city and everything. Paypal will take the money from COE. And I have worked for the bank and Banks will also process refunds. But I am not looking to nor will I ever get a refund. Just staying facts.

So your friend got a refund for what he got, but kept the items that he got refunded for?

67CAC0

"Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same."

-Just a lowly beekeeper

1/8/2020 9:15:15 AM #13

I don't want my money back, but can I have King Adam's of Vornair?

Ta

1/8/2020 9:16:45 AM #14

His account was fully refunded and said he traded stuff away before his refund. I actually sent him 3 tokens and was pissed when he refunded because i contacted support with devs I could not get them back. His account is still active, yes, and he got his refund 3 months ago.

1/8/2020 11:22:36 AM #15

Posted By Draguta at 03:55 AM - Wed Jan 08 2020

Posted By Loggy at 12:53 AM - Wed Jan 08 2020

So your friend got a refund for what he got, but kept the items that he got refunded for?

Well, more likely COE didn't take them away.

I've read about similar chargeback situations occurring in other games, reconciling them is often a manual process by the game developer (a retailer) so its very possible mistakes are made on occasion. (Or the amount of money was too small to bother contesting)

The financial firm I work for actually includes a robust suite of tools to help retailers better manage chargebacks and associated accounting.

My guess is such a task falls to Caspian or a very trusted employee or family member who handle the money side of the business.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT