COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Mayor that wants his other soul to be gentry?

if i want to city sim down south with my mayor soul, and adventure up north with one of my other souls as a gentry.. seems like two accounts or some insane traveling during expo (likely at the beginning when pvp is turned off) is what i'll be required to do.. and if i fail at traveling, then it'd be a failure.. so the only safe route is to buy multiple bloodline packages.. >.<

Focii, "To do in Expo it takes 2 accounts. Alts after launch can be on same account"

ridonkulous.. i hope that aspect of expo is removed.. maybe even allow us to buy a second surname, instead of an entire new pledge.

1/9/2020 2:07:59 AM #1

hm, yeh as far as i remember, only one soul per account has expo access..

1/9/2020 5:31:08 AM #2

Post-launch, you could work a deal with another player to swap family slots. That won't give you ownership but will give you some family perks in exchange for some of your main's family perks.

1/9/2020 5:35:19 AM #3

the goal of exposition is to prepare the world. Build city, make agreement, develop guilds and schools...etc... so that make sense.

It will be playable but with the goal to build the world (material and lore) for players.

Skilpadde - Leviathan's City in Salernum

1/9/2020 6:54:10 AM #4

I was thinking that I could travel north, spend some ep up there, marry an npc up there, move her onto the property, have a child with her using her surname (locking both). Then traveling back to my settlement. Come launch I would spark her or my heir up there with one of my other souls. But that's around 200km of traveling during expo.

1/9/2020 6:59:25 AM #5

Posted By Huldra Draco at 1:07 PM - Thu Jan 09 2020

Any chance you can link the source to that? Or really anyone else. I can't say I remember anything about them locking out alts.

1/9/2020 8:50:10 AM #6

Posted By Avastar at

if i want to city sim down south with my mayor soul, and adventure up north with one of my other souls as a gentry.. seems like two accounts or some insane traveling during expo (likely at the beginning when pvp is turned off) is what i'll be required to do.. and if i fail at traveling, then it'd be a failure.. so the only safe route is to buy multiple bloodline packages.. >.<

Focii, "To do in Expo it takes 2 accounts. Alts after launch can be on same account"

ridonkulous.. i hope that aspect of expo is removed.. maybe even allow us to buy a second surname, instead of an entire new pledge.

Its always been one settlement per account pre launch which is why we can't buy more per account currently . Theres nothing to stop you in game trying to take over somewhere so I'm not sure of the issue. Exposition is based around developing the world, building infrastructure, stabilising survivability etc.

Its possible that could change but I suspect the idea is to try to discourage people grabbing all the best locations pre-launch. Its debateable how effective it is but at least it forces up the cost for anyone trying to do that!

Count Darothar, Bleak Ark

1/9/2020 9:00:24 AM #7

My plan is to be the mayor of a settlement in the south, and then to have an adventurer gentry in the north. But to ensure that I am a land owner in the north, I'd need to spark in during expo. It's easily doable if I buy a second bloodline+ account, but why should that be a requirement when I have additional souls (tho it would require that we are allowed to buy a second surname).

I figure the surname should only cost around $15, because the Founder ($105) to Bloodline ($135) difference, besides the surname, is 100ep ($10) and a Purebred Horse ($15), which leaves $5 remaining, plus a likely discount.

I'd much rather pay $15 for just an extra surname, than $135 for a bloodline package, especially since I'd be able to world build using my ep more efficiently.

1/9/2020 9:56:06 PM #8

Posted By Gunnlang at 10:59 PM - Wed Jan 08 2020

Posted By Huldra Draco at 1:07 PM - Thu Jan 09 2020

Any chance you can link the source to that? Or really anyone else. I can't say I remember anything about them locking out alts.

Note: this comes from Discord and so is up for change.

I assume the first spark you use on a soul will be your "titled" soul and recieve all perks you paid for. Can this only be given once or if I go to multiple servers I am receiving my perks on each?
23 OCT 16 D-CCR

You get your perks on one server. It's whichever character you enter Exposition with.

Since you get your perks on whichever character you enter Exposition with, that means your alts are not Gentry+ and so do not have the capability to enter Expo.

1/9/2020 11:34:03 PM #9

Makes sense, only 1 surname and all gentry+ have their own surname.