COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
SBS has shared more than some believe

It's sometimes stated SBS hasn't shown "anything" with regards to the pre-Elyria client.

Shared by MickDude2 "in the Wood" was a clever compilation of eleven of the more recent gifs/videos.

As I am unable to share links perhaps he or someone could post it over here as I think others would enjoy seeing them in a single compilation.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/12/2020 8:50:31 PM #1

Posted By Kyleran at

It's sometimes stated SBS hasn't shown "anything" with regards to the pre-Elyria client.

Shared by MickDude2 "in the Wood" was a clever compilation of eleven of the more recent gifs/videos.

As I am unable to share links perhaps he or someone could post it over here as I think others would enjoy seeing them in a single compilation.

To be fair, there is an entire sticky thread with all the videos, shinies, blogs, etc. linked.

Also, to be clear, most of the people I talk to aren't upset because they "aren't showing anything", they are upset that at what is being shown doesn't seem to align with how SBS has described progress over the years (and continues to describe).

Everything seems like 2 steps forward, 3 steps back. We seem to supposedly get almost ready to have a "breakthrough" on progress, then suddenly the approach has changed, they are trying a different client, different focus, the "really cool thing" they talked about that was supposed to be the revolutionary, time saving approach has been scrubbed, and now they suddenly aren't ready to show more.

It's like it's a perpetual "shady contractor" cycle, where there is always this "unforeseen challenge" that prevented them from making any progress past ripping everything out of the kitchen.

Couple that with "things are going on, and I really wish I could talk about it, but I can't", and you start getting an overall impression that they are spinning their wheels.

I don't know where to go from here. Everything seems kinda ad hoc, nothing seems like they have an actual plan, and we just keeping getting more and more words, with very little actual tangible evidence.

Some may be willing to continue just taking things on faith, but I just can't live in that world anymore.

Imgur

1/12/2020 9:24:56 PM #2

Posted By Marovec at 12:50 PM - Sun Jan 12 2020

Posted By Kyleran at

To be fair, there is an entire sticky thread with all the videos, shinies, blogs, etc. linked.

Where is this sticky? I've been trying to find a list of all shinies released so far and I can't find it.

1/12/2020 9:28:43 PM #3

Posted By Scuttle at 1:24 PM - Sun Jan 12 2020

Where is this sticky? I've been trying to find a list of all shinies released so far and I can't find it.

Right Here https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34208/its-time-to-shine

1/12/2020 9:36:56 PM #4

Posted By Marovec at 3:50 PM - Sun Jan 12 2020

Posted By Kyleran at

Also, to be clear, most of the people I talk to aren't upset because they "aren't showing anything", they are upset that at what is being shown doesn't seem to align with how SBS has described progress over the years (and continues to describe).

Everything seems like 2 steps forward, 3 steps back. We seem to supposedly get almost ready to have a "breakthrough" on progress, then suddenly the approach has changed, they are trying a different client, different focus, the "really cool thing" they talked about that was supposed to be the revolutionary, time saving approach has been scrubbed, and now they suddenly aren't ready to show more.

It's like it's a perpetual "shady contractor" cycle, where there is always this "unforeseen challenge" that prevented them from making any progress past ripping everything out of the kitchen.

Couple that with "things are going on, and I really wish I could talk about it, but I can't", and you start getting an overall impression that they are spinning their wheels.

I don't know where to go from here. Everything seems kinda ad hoc, nothing seems like they have an actual plan, and we just keeping getting more and more words, with very little actual tangible evidence.

Some may be willing to continue just taking things on faith, but I just can't live in that world anymore.

Maybe because you're slowly realizing you're being led on? 8M cash is not even close to making this game. Get your popcorn ready for the real storm this year. Wait until you see what is under the hood.

1/13/2020 4:41:52 AM #5

Posted By Labbe at 4:28 PM - Sun Jan 12 2020

Posted By Scuttle at 1:24 PM - Sun Jan 12 2020

Right Here https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34208/its-time-to-shine

Which isn't actually stickied hence the difficulty people have in finding it.

Also, as to my OP, I still feel it would be better to have a single post with all recent videos linked in it rather than expect people to go back and fish through every Shiny thread of the past year or so to find them.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/13/2020 5:28:40 AM #6

Posted By Marovec at 04:50 AM - Mon Jan 13 2020

With all due respect, especially since I may have missed these announcements, can you provide a link or quote to show that SBS has "scrubbed" their "revolutionary, time saving approach"?

I do not recall every hearing about this, so as far as I am aware, this is still the development process.

Again I may have missed it or even simply forgotten, but the only time I can recall "the approach has changed, they are trying a different client, different focus" etc was with regard to ElyriaMUD/VoxElyria/Pre-Elyria stuff. Admittedly this happened multiple times creating a cumulative delay, but I can't remember any other time this issue has arisen.

please enlighten me on which other occasions this occurred!

That's pretty libelous! Do you have any evidence to suggest that real problems and unforeseen challenges did not occur?

If it is made up, then sure you certainly have a point and action should be taken, but if you do not have any evidence to the contrary, not only are you unfairly defaming the company, but it essentially amounts to a temper tantrum simply because you did not get what you wanted in the time frame you were expecting.

If real problems and unforeseen challenges DID occur, then it is understandable frustrating for everyone, but it doesn't give you the right to defame them and make libelous allegations!!

Possibly and yes it is indeed frustrating!! Bring vague points that can't be discussed is a poor way to do things as it just adds to the frustration. But it really is a catch 22 situation. If they remain silent on things until they can be discussed, it is certainly going to seem like they are not progressing at all and more questions will be raised about where the money is going, what's taking so long etc?!?!

It's pickle!!

Meh!! again it seems more like a personal problem with how long it is taking and not getting things on your time frame, rather than considering what a realistic time frame would be with regards to their personalised development process.

Don't get me wrong, I want stuff too!!

Game development especially when crowd funded requires a certain degree of faith!!

I am sure they are working very hard and there IS a some evidence of development.

If Caspian and/or SBS was scamming us and buying cars, houses etc and not working on the game, I am sure it would have been found out by now and in this social media age, everyone would know about it and lawsuits when ensue.

While there is still some evidence of progress and NO evidence of embezzlement or scam, I have faith that things will eventually be finished. I can only hope that it doesn't take too long.

I can promise that should evidence of embezzlement or a scam arise then I WILL be the first in line with a lawsuit!!

But being frustrated, impatient, and generally cracking the shits because things don't happen in a time frame that you desire is in no way evidence of ANY misdeeds or unlawful activity!! Suggesting that it is, is pretty low and may in itself constitute a crime if damage to the companies reputation and potential earnings can be established (ie, libel and defamation).

Show me the real evidence of a scam or unlawful activity by SBS and I will help you get a class action lawsuit underway, otherwise GTF over it already!!

1/13/2020 9:25:33 AM #7

Its not weird people getting a bit angry or loose faith when the company promised something playable in 2017 - 2018 - 2019 and not delivered much then pictures and very basic prelyria vids.

I love jumping around in a Voxel assets

1/13/2020 9:59:00 AM #8

Posted By JamilkSaud at 3:54 PM - Mon Jan 13 2020

><Mod edit: Quoted post was removed>

Firstly, If I were angry, you'd know about it, but making assumptions and presenting opinion as facts is about as much as I can expect from a gutless wonder who posts under a new alias!.

Secondly, the burden of proof is not on me, it is on Marovec and every other asshat who makes libelous allegations.

And since it seems all you can do is attack me personally, since you don't have any evidence to refute what I said, I am hardly a white knight as you fuckwits like to throw around, because I presented a balanced evidence based opinion and simply requested evidence to the contrary if it existed, which I believe it does not!.

I am not and never have "blindly" supported SBS, but unlike you and your circle jerk club, I ACTUALLY require evidence before I make claims and allegations about someone or something, and do not believe things "on blind faith" just because some conceited asshole spreads negative opinions.

Opinion != fact!!

1/13/2020 10:01:49 AM #9

Well this escalated quickly.

Count A. Greyforge; All hail Lady Firesmith best Hrothi EU West

1/13/2020 10:52:30 AM #10

I can really see the tension in general rising.

People are becoming increasingly frustrated and impatient.

And while I also would like to see more playable content, I do think they are making progress and showing it too.

Yeah it's not as fast as we have hoped, and yes they do make very bold claims (year of the storm) which always backfired, but I do believe that they are trying, and when they raised a lot of money last KSV they did instantly use it to hire new talent, which is the best thing they could have done.

Let's see how this year goes, I'm afraid if SbS doesn't deliver soon, every backer will be out of it, and SbS would go bankrupt, that would be a waste for everyone involved, so I really hope SbS does deliver this year, sooner rather than later.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

1/13/2020 11:14:19 AM #11

Grabs the popcorn

1/13/2020 11:16:23 AM #12

Posted By HajimeSaikou at 03:59 AM

Wow, it's apparent you're not a subject matter expert when it comes to making logical discussion points. While I appreciate your colorful use of language, please let the adults have a discussion pertaining to the OPs topic points, shall we?

Posted By Kyleran at 10:41 PM - Sun Jan 12 2020

I agree, it would be beneficial to people if the videos were in a easily accessible location, instead of buried under mounds of junk threads. Its bad enough trying to use the Search bar, as some other don't seem to km now how to use, when making a point. I do hope they decide to work on an overhaul of the website, because at this point, they may as well use a Wordpress or something.

1/13/2020 11:19:39 AM #13

I think it’s not stickied because it’s part of the stickied FAQ

1/13/2020 12:10:57 PM #14

Posted By zimmah at 9:52 PM - Mon Jan 13 2020

Let's see how this year goes, I'm afraid if SbS doesn't deliver soon, every backer will be out of it, and SbS would go bankrupt, that would be a waste for everyone involved, so I really hope SbS does deliver this year, sooner rather than later.

People jump back and forth over this discussion. Ranging from "they are a small studio, what do you expect". To then trusting Caspian 100% when he claims everything will happen.

As long as they bring out Pre-Elyria this year, I will be happy. Able to finally test something. Now if they can do that, well that's the question. Less focus on all these little events and more get something into my hands.

1/13/2020 12:56:12 PM #15

@Haji

As someone else pointed out, I have made my case, citing my points, quotes, examples, and reasoning, numerous times in these forums - loudly and clearly.

If you want to ignore all of those, that's your choice. That's why I call it "faith". You and others choose to continue believing despite, in my opinion, significant evidence to the contrary.

Also, in an attempt to be clear, I was using the contractor example as an analogy, but I don't think CoE is a scam.

I don't think they are running off with our money, buying cars and taking vacations - I do believe they WANT to make this potentially complex and amazing game.

I just don't think they actually know how any more.

Maybe a better analogy would have been that of an "overzealous" contractor, who is inexperienced, yet convinces a customer they can do a full, amazing, modern estate construction, but gets into it and realizes they just don't know what they are doing.

Once more, this isn't about "it isnt being done fast enough", this is about the words they say not matching their actions.

In numerous blogs and StoE posts, we always hear about how their revolutionary approach is going to save time and money, and allow them to develop the most complex MMO cheaper and faster than ever before.

Yet, for some reason, actual evidence of that being the case never seems to materialize.

Instead, every milestone is missed, every deliverable a shambles, every assurance empty.

How is that indicative of their "revolutionary" approach being effective?

It may, indeed, be revolutionary, but I have yet to see any indication of it working.

I am aware kickstarter games require a degree of faith. That is a given, as is the risk you take when you back.

But let's not get it twisted, people take those risks based on information presented, and assurances from the company that they have a plan.

I have seen no plan coming to fruition. I have seen nothing that indicates an effective process.

What I HAVE seen is a whole lot of "sales talk" over 3 years that hasn't once actually delivered.

You chose to throw out some buzzwords like "libelous" and "defamation"...how about "misrepresentation" or "intentionally misleading"?

In the end, it seems as though you chose to focus on my analogy (which, admittedly, may have been a bad one), while ignoring my overall point.

Every dollar donated was done so based on information and declarations of progress and process that have been made from the day the kickstarter launched, all the way through to now.

From what I can see, the vast majority of that information has been...less than transparent.

That's the point. That's the frustration.

That's why I cant have "faith" any more.

I simply don't believe them.

Imgur