COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
NA-W or NA-E

I live right in the middle of America. I am trying to decide on which server/domain I should play on. I also want to ask, when the game is playable and you move to a different country will you have to create a new account or can you change your server/domain?

1/19/2020 11:32:45 AM #16

Aiji,

To be fair your issue occurred with a kingdom and not the entire server, so to say the server has this mentality is unfair. I know for myself and my counts we welcome anyone to come be a part of our community. The concern during DSS was picking order and ensuring community members were able to get a spot within the domain.

I think many fear randoms coming in and trying to upset the community which has been cultivated, in some areas for years. I believe most would welcome new folks as long as they presented themselves and showed no signs of trying to upset the apple cart.

1/19/2020 12:10:46 PM #17

Posted By Stelaphina at 06:32 AM - Sun Jan 19 2020

Aiji,

To be fair your issue occurred with a kingdom and not the entire server, so to say the server has this mentality is unfair. I know for myself and my counts we welcome anyone to come be a part of our community. The concern during DSS was picking order and ensuring community members were able to get a spot within the domain.

I think many fear randoms coming in and trying to upset the community which has been cultivated, in some areas for years. I believe most would welcome new folks as long as they presented themselves and showed no signs of trying to upset the apple cart.

True, it was the kingdom, not server.

But see that's the issue... we are called "randoms" as you say ...only because we are not part of a group who know each other. Is CoE made for those preformed groups who have the collective funds to purchase kingdoms or for all?
I'm not complaining but trying to show that this will always be an obstacle in MMO's and in CoE … the Solo vs Group players and in my experience, in my kingdom, on Luna it was obvious (my previous post). And I completely understand I am a Count who has a Duke and King above me but, should I have to fear being zerged from the very beginning just because I don't know everyone and they may think I will "upset the apple cart"? No, nobody should because of choice or because they didn't/don't have the luxury of being a "pre-made".

I hope this didn't sound sarcastic or paints me as having a negative attitude....I don't I was just giving my experience in my kingdom on the Luna server.

Just a prediction... the "randoms" (I'm not saying they won't form new friendships/alliances-most will) will be the majority eventually on all the servers, they will be the backend money makers for CoE. Not the pre-made teams. Something to think about for the "pre-mades".

1/19/2020 12:18:19 PM #18

Things to consider:

• You can not change servers (you can have alts on other servers or 'start over' but everything you have on one server stays on that server.

• Each server has a unique map, of each server we can see the starting continent, but also the unknown unexplored continents will be different on each server. Therefore they'll each have a different experience.

• Each server has different communities (kingdoms, duchies, counties, etc).

• Luna (NA-E) does currently have a much higher population, that may be a good thing or a bad thing to you.

Depending on what is important to you, you can make a decision based on those facts. Either find a nice location on the map that you would want to live in, or find a kingdom (duchy/county) that you connect with.

Good luck.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

1/19/2020 12:22:32 PM #19

Posted By Aiji at 12:06 PM - Sun Jan 19 2020

Posted By Stelaphina at 7:42 PM - Sat Jan 18 2020

To be fair, Sir Pen, it wasn't all of Luna (NA-E) and it was only during DSS. Now that DSS is over, I don't believe anyone has that stance.

After not following the development of the game for a long time, I returned just in time to make a purchase of a county on the Luna server during December's SoE. Fine, great got something I really wanted.... Then I joined the Discord server for the kingdom. I was welcomed with all the niceties etc... until I mentioned I was interested in perhaps purchasing a remaining Duchy and in so many words I was asked did I have permission? Who am I working with? Prove who you are. I felt like I have to have permission to buy a duchy or live in fear of being zerged immediately? Who's spending who's money here? Really? I mean its a game and I wasn't ready for this nonsense. I have always played my past games specifically EQ and some others in a solo manner... I prefer it that way not from trying to be anti-social but it's just my way and there are many like me. I figured I could just get what I wanted and have some fun not understanding that the game was already really being played before it was released. So yeah, my welcome wasn't that great on Luna as recent as December's SoE and somewhat of a disappointment. BUT, it has motivated me... Players that have my mindset are the ones who can/will eventually upset the ones who have prepositioned themselves and their groups to fulfill their agendas while trying to disregard others who aren't apart of the "posse". Im not trying to deter anyone just giving the heads up on this server from my personal experience. Maybe its relaxed in the last month as Stelaphina mentions, I don't know I have stayed away since from the pre-release drama.

How can you want to be a duke, but at the same time ignore politics and diplomacy? You can't be a duke and at the same time wanting to ignore all the agreements that other dukes/counts and kings have made with each other.

Communities have existed for years already, have already made plans and agreements, you can't just drop in randomly and shake things up, and expect people to just throw away their plans for one person they don't even know.

Order of IX

1/19/2020 1:11:16 PM #20

Posted By zimmah at 07:22 AM - Sun Jan 19 2020

To be fair, Sir Pen, it wasn't all of Luna (NA-E) and it was only during DSS. Now that DSS is over, I don't believe anyone has that stance.

After not following the development of the game for a long time, I returned just in time to make a purchase of a county on the Luna server during December's SoE. Fine, great got something I really wanted.... Then I joined the Discord server for the kingdom. I was welcomed with all the niceties etc... until I mentioned I was interested in perhaps purchasing a remaining Duchy and in so many words I was asked did I have permission? Who am I working with? Prove who you are. I felt like I have to have permission to buy a duchy or live in fear of being zerged immediately? Who's spending who's money here? Really? I mean its a game and I wasn't ready for this nonsense. I have always played my past games specifically EQ and some others in a solo manner... I prefer it that way not from trying to be anti-social but it's just my way and there are many like me. I figured I could just get what I wanted and have some fun not understanding that the game was already really being played before it was released. So yeah, my welcome wasn't that great on Luna as recent as December's SoE and somewhat of a disappointment. BUT, it has motivated me... Players that have my mindset are the ones who can/will eventually upset the ones who have prepositioned themselves and their groups to fulfill their agendas while trying to disregard others who aren't apart of the "posse". Im not trying to deter anyone just giving the heads up on this server from my personal experience. Maybe its relaxed in the last month as Stelaphina mentions, I don't know I have stayed away since from the pre-release drama.

How can you want to be a duke, but at the same time ignore politics and diplomacy? You can't be a duke and at the same time wanting to ignore all the agreements that other dukes/counts and kings have made with each other.

Communities have existed for years already, have already made plans and agreements, you can't just drop in randomly and shake things up, and expect people to just throw away their plans for one person they don't even know.

You missed the point or I didn't articulate it well enough. I never said anywhere I would want to come in and disrupt any agreements/politics/ or diplomacy. You read into my post and made assumptions.

I respect the fact many have worked together and developed so much for themselves/groups. The point is that a newer or solo style player is left out. But they will be the vast majority of people playing at launch and the plans you all have made may be in jeopardy simply by questioning someone's intentions because they wish to purchase a certain domain as with what happened to me. Others that this happens to may be offended and make plans to do exactly what you fear.

And I completely disagree with the premise of your first paragraph... people (not me personally) will do exactly that.

The point of me posting was basically confirming Sir Pens first post about the Luna server, through my experience.

1/19/2020 9:41:20 PM #21

Yes Zimmah I think you're in the wrong here.

You didn't read anything he wrote.

In order to be as accurate as possible. Both Selphina and Aiji's accounts are accurate. To disagree with either is illogical.

Count of Free Plains, the County whose focus is to create a central home for mercenaries

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34856/New-County-offers-as-its-main-Industry-a-Hub-for-Hires-Hub-for-PvE-PvP-Organizations-solos-groups

1/20/2020 6:18:17 AM #22

The contents of this thread are arguably a bit much to dump onto a new or prospective player, but the warnings and misgivings that might be triggered are appropriate. Titled positions, especially noble positions, are inclined toward PvP by the intention of the designers, and PvP in CoE is not intended to be restricted to simulated physical combat.

The nobles' game has indeed been in progress at least as long as I've been paying attention to the forums and discords.

1/21/2020 2:47:01 PM #23

Posted By Aiji at 2:11 PM - Sun Jan 19 2020

Posted By zimmah at 07:22 AM - Sun Jan 19 2020

You missed the point or I didn't articulate it well enough. I never said anywhere I would want to come in and disrupt any agreements/politics/ or diplomacy. You read into my post and made assumptions.

I respect the fact many have worked together and developed so much for themselves/groups. The point is that a newer or solo style player is left out. But they will be the vast majority of people playing at launch and the plans you all have made may be in jeopardy simply by questioning someone's intentions because they wish to purchase a certain domain as with what happened to me. Others that this happens to may be offended and make plans to do exactly what you fear.

And I completely disagree with the premise of your first paragraph... people (not me personally) will do exactly that.

The point of me posting was basically confirming Sir Pens first post about the Luna server, through my experience.

The vast majority of people at launch will not be nobles/aristocrats though. They may work their way up to it, but they won't start out that way.

The point is that if you want to govern a domain, diplomacy is part of governing too. and all of that is likely irrelevant for most players anyway.

Order of IX

3/22/2020 5:11:13 AM #24

Not agreeing, or disagreeing with anyone.

This is why I don't get into politics.