COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Vaporware?

CoE ever actually going to be released? Just checking in for an update, not for the white-knight-brigade to defend the devs. Where do we stand for 2020?

1/21/2020 6:45:31 PM #31

Posted By Marovec at 7:10 PM - Tue Jan 21 2020

Posted By Zyzax at 12:29 PM - Tue Jan 21 2020

Posted By Tulloch at 09:19 AM - Tue Jan 21 2020

The way they treat backers is another issue. Few people will recommend a company that hands bans out for asking questions and tells their highest backers to fuck off

Nobody has ever been banned for "asking questions" nor has anyone ever been told to "fuck off." Come on, now. I'm not sure who pees in your Cheerios every morning, but just ask them to stop. ;)

Can confirm...I'm still here, and I think I'm the closest they have come to telling someone to "fuck off".

😁

Marovec come on now, you know they hate me more. 😁

1/21/2020 7:02:05 PM #32

@Watru

Possibly, but I don't think anyone else has ever actually prompted a targeted f-bomb from Caspian.

😂

Imgur

1/21/2020 8:52:46 PM #33

Posted By Marovec at 2:02 PM - Tue Jan 21 2020

@Watru

Possibly, but I don't think anyone else has ever actually prompted a targeted f-bomb from Caspian.

😂

FIRST - was called a f-ing **tard and banned in the irc days (by caspian himself)

1/22/2020 12:42:16 AM #34

The way they treat backers is another issue. Few people will recommend a company that hands bans out for asking questions and tells their highest backers to fuck off

Nobody has ever been banned for "asking questions" nor has anyone ever been told to "fuck off." Come on, now. I'm not sure who pees in your Cheerios every morning, but just ask them to stop. ;)

Caspian directly told the vornair king to fuck off, and yes; plenty of people have been banned from discord either for asking when the game would come out when returning to catch up on development or for extremely silly and pedantic definitions of what is and isn't "on topic". They honestly claimed talking about the DSS delay was not DSS related ffs, IN THE DSS CHANNEL

1/22/2020 1:02:53 AM #35

Until there is something besides vapor, all games are vaporware.

1/22/2020 1:07:30 AM #36

Perhaps I should clarify a bit, I prefer open and HONEST communication, I don't mind being told to f-off at all, I can respect it. Just wanted to claim my rightful dibs on being the first. The moderation (which I was not pleased with from the start) did get better for a while, down to fairly reasonable levels, but it has again become heavy-handed and oppressive.

1/22/2020 1:13:09 AM #37

Posted By Kero at 07:49 AM - Tue Jan 21 2020

Guys, when i see your ranks, i feel your pain, this project feels fucked away and our money vanished.

Yeppirs.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

1/22/2020 2:23:48 AM #38

Posted By Tulloch at 4:42 PM - Tue Jan 21 2020

Caspian directly told the vornair king to fuck off, and yes; plenty of people have been banned from discord either for asking when the game would come out when returning to catch up on development or for extremely silly and pedantic definitions of what is and isn't "on topic". They honestly claimed talking about the DSS delay was not DSS related ffs, IN THE DSS CHANNEL

You're still welcome to provide some evidence that those are true statements, that anything was ever that simple. You seem to be letting your anger get the better of your clarity.

1/22/2020 4:40:26 AM #39

Tulloch, why are you lying? Seriously. You're talking out of your ass and no one believes you. Censured, censored, muted, etc after being repeatedly told to stop whatever arbitrary thing you're doing that's "bad" isn't a ban. To say I'm not the biggest fan of CoE discord mods is an understatement but you're just completely full of it. The number of people actually banned is fking slim. People do not get banned for just asking the questions you listed. Stop lying.

1/22/2020 5:01:20 AM #40

Posted By Takeda_Shinukage at 02:24 AM - Wed Jan 22 2020

Game has bare minimum 3 years of testing with the pre-alpha phase, alpha and beta so bare minimum is to take current year and tack on 3. Then, unless by that time they can actually hit an estimate, you have to assume each phase is going to be delayed by a couple months pushing the time to release to 4-5+. Then if the game actually has game-breaking bugs that justify a delay before moving on from testing you could be looking at 6-7+. Given all the moving parts and world permanence meaning that a game breaking bug can permanently ruin the world, I would expect testing to take more than a year per phase. 1 year per testing phase is for already established brands making a sequel, EA games that can just stick in EA limbo for years after alpha/beta, and simple games. Launching CoE with 1 year testing cycles is a DoA game.

Final: 2027+

I have seen you post something similar in a few different threads and I honestly wish people would really read it and take it in. The amount of times I seen someone, be that on the forums or discord say something similar. Like "I don't believe the game will full launch till 2025". The downvote army comes in strong. Some people still honestly believing the game will launch next year. They need to get their head screwed on straight. Promoting such unrealistic hopes, isn't doing anyone any favours.

1/22/2020 5:05:49 AM #41

See, calling someone a liar for stating truths is the main reason this community is seen as so toxic. Believe whatever you want because even mentioning puts the post itself at risk of deletion because almost anything and everything can be labelled as "discussing moderation" which can also net you a mute or ban. I can say firsthand they do love skipping the mute stage and going straight for the ban though. But again, if you want to erroneously white knight for the treatment that is driving massive rifts into the community on a constant basis then go ahead.

1/22/2020 7:13:55 PM #42

Posted By Maddonach at 8:13 PM - Tue Jan 21 2020

Posted By Kero at 07:49 AM - Tue Jan 21 2020

Guys, when i see your ranks, i feel your pain, this project feels fucked away and our money vanished.

Yeppirs.

You know, it's not actually the money to me. I spent it so long ago it dosn't matter to me much at all. It's more about the constant unrealistic hype that seems like to me they are trying to play us all for fools that annoys me.

1/22/2020 8:02:05 PM #43

Posted By RedDoggybone at 2:13 PM - Wed Jan 22 2020

Posted By Maddonach at 8:13 PM - Tue Jan 21 2020

Yeppirs.

You know, it's not actually the money to me. I spent it so long ago it dosn't matter to me much at all. It's more about the constant unrealistic hype that seems like to me they are trying to play us all for fools that annoys me.

Eh.. money spent is money spent. I could of easily spent it on more fruitful things. If I wasn't naive when I first initially spent it I could of found a way of refunding it through PayPal, but we are past that point. As for time invested, yeah it would of sucked if that was my only investment, but at the same time, I've purposefully not spent a ton of time on something that isn't actually complete. I just don't see the reason to, so it would of been a side interest while doing other interests so on that front would of been no loss honestly.

Oh, and the playing people like a fool. Yeah, that's what got me to initially invest, I saw through the rose colored glasses. All they are doing now is showing their inabilities, more and more so, which will come back to bite them.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

1/23/2020 5:23:11 PM #44

Posted By Jongatown at

CoE ever actually going to be released? Just checking in for an update, not for the white-knight-brigade to defend the devs. Where do we stand for 2020?

Nah... It's never coming out... You should just play Discords of Elyria like everyone else and be happy.

1/23/2020 7:05:56 PM #45

Posted By Xefipor at 12:23 PM - Thu Jan 23 2020

Posted By Jongatown at

Nah... It's never coming out... You should just play Discords of Elyria like everyone else and be happy.

Sorry, devs have severely limited the content and pvp on that release, can't recommend.

😘

Imgur