COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
About the store.

I noticed beta and alpha access have individual prices. Does this mean they were sold separately from pledges at one point?

Also will they be available like that in the future? My financial situation and why I play MMOs over single purchase games is because It is far more convenient for me to pay a little each month and pay more in the long run than it is for me to pay a huge amount up front.

For example if I could I would buy the alpha testing one month, then a feature of the $235 package once a month until I had all the features if able.

2/5/2020 11:43:50 AM #1

The testing phases can be bought separately from pledge packages right Now even :P

Unfortunately not everything will be available for purchase separate. The base 45 dollar Elyrian package is essentially a base version of the game, and whatever you see in the a la carte store can easily be added to it if you want to buy a little at a time.

What I would personally suggest though is to just slowly increase your pledge package until you are at the level you want to be at, since you only have to pay the difference in price from your current one when upgrading.

That being said, if you dont want to start the game during exposition and customize a family, going even as far as bloodline might not be necessary as thats the main selling feature of the top 3 tiers.

Ah, do note that all testing phases and pledge packages will leave the store eventually in the future ad we get enough people for a testing cohort, or simply get closer to specific stages of development. So if you decide to wait id make sure to at least keep an eye out for those announcements so you dont miss out.

2/5/2020 11:45:25 AM #2

Yes you can buy em separate. There is no assurance that they will be their later though. As there was once an Alpha 1 which you can see is now gone.

Upvoting and downvoting indiscriminately

2/5/2020 11:48:51 AM #3

Mostly it's the time that I start playing that sells it for me. Even if I do not get all of the cool features of being someone important I want to see the game develop from the alpha stage.

The problem is that, even though I am someone that may drop thirty on my primary game every month my wages are controlled. I have had a care taker since leaving the Army. So dropping more that fifty in a month is generally a no for me. Saving up can be a hassle as well as usually something will come up and the money I am saving will be used.

So if you have a method for me reaching there in 50-65 a month increments at the most I am for that.

When you upgrade your package it just charges you the difference?

2/5/2020 11:52:30 AM #4

Start a savings account just for putting money away for gaming? In the past they have gift cards... but those are gone so you dont have many option here.

Yes upgrades charge you the difference.

2/5/2020 11:56:24 AM #5

Might be able to buy the first pledge and just upgrade each month then. Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately -all- my finances are controlled. I did not come back completely in one piece and have a 100% retirement.

2/5/2020 12:23:12 PM #6

Sorry to hear that. Thank you for your service. Hope you have a great day man.

2/5/2020 12:40:20 PM #7

Wouldn’t recommend dropping the money here, especially if your income is that fixed. Not trying to be negative just that this game is potentially a sunk cost with no guarantees whereas there are tons of great sales on steam games most weeks

2/5/2020 12:46:01 PM #8

Also I believe Alpha 1 is no longer available

2/5/2020 7:27:27 PM #9

Posted By Stelaphina at 06:46 AM - Wed Feb 05 2020

Also I believe Alpha 1 is no longer available

You are correct. You can still get Alpha II, but Alpha I is no longer available to those of us who haven't already purchased it.