COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Minecraft "Gammrhafn", an MC-Version of a future city in Chronicles of Elyria

MC Gammrhafn

Posted on behalf of Ashielf

I deceided during the wait for CoE to make something in Minecraft. This was the starting point. It is a map of Gammrhafn, the main city of the county Dore in the duchy of Turadh in the kingdom of Tryggr. It was created in Inkarnate by Duchess Eltanin Vánagandr some years ago. Before the release of SBS's actuall maps.

Gammrhafn Inkarnate

You will see below that I took some creative liberty, and that it's also not fully finished, yet. But I think the build is now developed enough to show it around.

I have used Minecraft 12.2 and MC Edit to make mass-edits on objects and import some ready-made buildings (like the huge castle for example).

View from South-East

View from South-East

View from South-West

View from South-West

View from West

View from West

Top-Down View of the Castle

Top-Down View of the Castle

View from North-East

View from North-East

Closer look at a building

Closer look at a building

Cheers from within the castle

Cheers from within the castle

It's great to have some 3D-Visualisation to walk around in and I am looking forward to enhance the build with many more details. We are setting up a server for Minecraft to build more,together.

2/8/2020 3:03:31 PM #1

Thank you for posting this for me! I am too much of a pleb here to be able to post images. ^^"

You can follow this link to the imgur album for higher res images: imgur [DOT] com/a/vaJUkMg

2/8/2020 3:26:12 PM #2

Very cool! Good job :)

2/8/2020 5:52:46 PM #3

I am still excited, I like to see projects like this :D

Kernothia

2/8/2020 5:58:13 PM #4

Looks brilliant, well done Ashielf.

2/8/2020 6:34:52 PM #5

nice build! what texture pack and shaders are you using? this makes me want to start recording updates on my own COE city build :D

2/8/2020 8:59:15 PM #6

Posted By Athorias at 7:34 PM - Sat Feb 08 2020

nice build! what texture pack and shaders are you using? this makes me want to start recording updates on my own COE city build :D

Really great screenshots! I use “Sildur’s Vibrant shaders 1.22 Extreme" and Purebdcraft. The shaders pack from the screenshots is a slightly different one because I used 1.12.2 to build everything. I switched because I upgraded everything to 1.14.4 for the server.

2/10/2020 1:44:36 AM #7

Very cool!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

2/10/2020 2:33:13 AM #8

nice, was this built by hand / imported by hand for the details ?

really well done.

2/10/2020 2:38:33 AM #9

Wow! That's time consuming and awesome! Well done with it all!

Novigrad County~ Together we stand strong and bring despair to those who dare cross us.

2/10/2020 4:00:37 PM #10

Posted By Zelcovian at 03:33 AM - Mon Feb 10 2020

nice, was this built by hand / imported by hand for the details ?

really well done.

Yes and lots of stuff still getting done. =]

Thank you all for the nice words!

2/10/2020 6:50:02 PM #11

This is phenomenal! great work! :D

2/11/2020 5:36:34 PM #12

This is really cool.. Very Nice... !!

2/12/2020 10:05:03 PM #13

Thank you all!

We actually have some updates. Our sexy member Nockon (his words, not mine) has been working on the terrain building it to match the Map SBS provided for DSS. If highground is mentioned, highground will be present.

He is putting the resources mentioned in the DSS map description into the mine-craft map.

If there is a wooden bridge, there will be a wooden bridge, if there is a stone bridge on the DSS map, there will be a stone bridge in Minecraft.

The intent is to build the entire kingdom this way. By hand.

Massive kudoos to both Ashielf and Nockon, thanks guys!

Bridge and Dry Riverbed

Riverbed with water

Bridge and Highground

2/13/2020 12:35:37 PM #14

Its taking time but using the domain map to create our world in minecraft is a dream.

2/13/2020 6:06:35 PM #15

Well for this dream to come true what is required, is time, and effort. Oh and access to minecraft XD.

Bridge with water

Bridge with some wear and tear

A lot of detail is going into this. And if people are interested in playing in the areas once they are finished. We will be adding bits of lore. Small stories, quests and easter eggs, and some dungeons (where dungeoneers are mentioned).

However that is for the future. For now, land mass and buildings are the main focus.