COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Returning player LF Where RP will be

Long story short, I got like hospital for weeks level sick and totally disappeared from the scene for a while -- life happened -- forgot this game was a thing and now that it seems it's still actually going, I want to get reinvovled. My question is what server is the best for rp and what region?

3/20/2020 6:15:34 PM #1

Ehhhh technically this is a RP heavy game, but It's more of what region you are in

KS Backer #44

3/20/2020 6:21:10 PM #2

Back when I originally joined people seemed very divided between rp'ing communities, PVP'ing / conquest style game play, and like casual stuff so I wasn't entirely sure!

I haven't picked my land or server so I wanted to try and find people who share my interests or not accidentally land in hostile waters. A lot of discords seem dead or at least expired invites so I feel very lost.

3/20/2020 6:37:08 PM #3

My duchy has folks who enjoy RP, we are in Vornair, Brudvir territory. My suggestion would be to pick a server, then decide on a tribe and join the discord to see how you mesh with the community. If you mesh, then work down to finding your duchy and county.

3/20/2020 6:38:16 PM #4

I'll be blunt and not give you the PC answer of "Everywhere has RP, find what you like! Teehee! :)"

I think some research will show you that NA-W/Angelica has the most kingdoms that are heavily RP-based. I had the same question as you and agonized over great ping on server next to me or picking one that had RP-based kingdoms and not communities that had small pockets of roleplayers or kingdoms that made "exceptions" for them with a big disclaimer that story doesn't drive them overall. You'll find that to be true for most kingdoms on NA-East, despite some claims otherwise (again, spent months in Discords with each community before drawing my decision).

Blackheart is the one that has the biggest name recognition when it comes to roleplay based communities in COE in general and most definitely on the Angelica server. Although a lesser known fact is that Aranor has devoted just as much love into crafting their lore and their queen is an RPG nerd that can throw down with the best of us. Tyria and Ashland have great lore fleshed out as well and are home to some massively talented writers.

The only kingdom I faced open hostility and mockery from in terms of roleplay on the Angelica server was Valyria. It was made clear in no uncertain terms that they were heavily meta-based and couldn't wait wait to "pawn rp newbs". But they were definitely the exception and not the norm.

On NA-East, that was definitely more the norm overall than not; although they do have small pockets of excellent RP communities. You just won't find it embedded into the heart and souls of kingdom level organizations like you would on Angelica.

The EU community has a strong love for good story writing and some great talent--but again--you won't necessarily find it standardized in the same way. Although I think that has more to do with communities being divided into language groups and not being as populated as the other servers.

The only server I haven't spent much if anytime with and can't offer an informed personal opinion on is OCE/Oceanus. My ping would make it impossible to play so didn't bother to investigate them.

Sorry to hear about the hospitalization and hope you are doing better. Good luck on your search! :)

3/20/2020 6:49:01 PM #5

Thank you all for your answers, especially FinlbossKypiqKween ! I had heard rumors about the Valyria thing and was afraid of accidentally settling in a kingdom with that kind of mindset

I put a lot of money into this game in the early days and the last thing I wanted was to be harassed. I live in the midwest so from your post it seems that Angelica would be the best choice for me in terms of both ping and RP!

I appreciate the frankness A LOT, because while I'd like to be nice and kind to everyone -- I know not every group will mesh or get along.

Now just to decide between Blackheart and Aranor.