COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Newb Proprietor Questions

Greetings fellow Elyrians

I am Iristein and I had purchased a Proprietor pack back in 2018 but I have paid little attention to CoE since then, only checking in every now and then to check on the Dev blog.

Now I have a few questions regarding the Proprietor pack; I've set my surname, is there anything else I should be doing or jumping right on top of at this point of time? For example, do I need to set the design of my Coat of Arms before the game is released proper? If so is it available somewhere on the site to be done now?

Also, I would like to get a community perspective of what role I may have signed up for as a Proprietor. I've read the RP description about giving jobs to adventurers and being of value to nobility, but what do these things mean for me as a player? Should I be more proactive with trying to establish contact with others who will be in the OCE servers right now? I do not want to waste any opportunity that a Proprietor pack might grant to me, but I am also still very unsure as to how the pack info transitions when in-game.

I understand that I have access to sparks and souls, as well as a bunch of items, I also understand that these items are all destructible. I really want to get the best I can out of this pack and contribute to the game when it is live, but I am starting to wonder if maybe I should be taking more proactive steps to ensure my investment doesn't get face rolled from me right off the bat when the game gets released.

One last question, I've read that a pre-alpha is out, in terms of the pledge packs, does pre-alpha access translate to the Alpha 1 packs that were previously available? If so, does this mean that whatever comes after this pre-alpha, I'll have access to, as Proprietor has Alpha 2 access?

Thank you for reading and any help you can offer.

3/23/2020 9:12:24 AM #1

Apologies for double posting but I have found my answer to the last question regarding Alpha 1. As I understand it this pre-alpha is open to Alpha 1 pledgers.

3/23/2020 10:39:29 AM #2

I think its good to have a look where you might want to be starting and connect/get connected with the community. With your community you can connect and see what can be done beforehand.

I have the same package. I wanted to play a Kypiq so I have been looking on my server where the Kypiq would be present (broadleaf forest) and connected with the community on my prefered server (Selene-EU) and connected with people in that kingdom (Tryggr). Once there you can connect with people, be up to date with what happens. Most of this happens on Discord.

What you can do as proprietor is support a Mayor in an existing town. Use villager tokens to "buy" yourself in as explained here https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/VillagerToken Or support a guild with the guild tokens as mentioned here https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/GuildToken You can also do that with the EP you get with your package.

The EP you have can be used to improve things in the settlement where you want to start and is not only used to provide you with personal property but can also be used to strengthen the settlement which you will use as your "home"base.

An overview of the development schedule can be found here: https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Development_Schedule It also states where you will participate as Alpha 2 access enabled community member. Though dates on the wiki are not very accurate, the plan that is there is still accurate. Kingdoms of Elyria will be the first chance for use Alpha 2 players to participate in and active 3d environment.

The Goros family, part of the gentry of Valor Heights in the kingdom of Tryggr | Friendcode 8BC562 Alt text - can be left blank

3/23/2020 3:32:41 PM #3

As far as my perspective of the proprietor package goes, you would be among the working class of Elyria plying some trade on a day to day basis. It is with your skilled hands that the wheels of the Elyrian economy turn. As you can imagine, that covers a lot of ground, and to get a sense of what role you might like to play in the game, check out this early version of the skill tree the studio published some time ago.

It would definitely be wise to lay at least some ground work now before the game launches. Find a place you'd like to start or find a mayor (or count) with whom you'd enjoy playing and get to know the people around you.

3/23/2020 4:29:12 PM #4

Thank you both very much for the answers, this has helped a lot to get the perspective I've been trying to grasp since diving through all the info here. I will definitely be making the discord dive and work on figuring out where I can slot myself in, after looking at the skills image I am instantly reminded of the original career path I had hoped to undertake - A cartographer with some musical knowledge and a touch of guile(disguise) with the intention of providing maps for a price and using music and disguise to work my way into adventure parties going into uncharted territory. I'll explore the OCE Kingdoms and see where I mesh, thanks again for the informative answers!