COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
alpha 2

When Do We Think We Will See Alpha 2

BaronWatson

3/23/2020 12:09:55 PM #1

You might want to take a look at this on Youtube, it will give you some idea as where we are now and what kind of timeline we might be expecting.

Again, it is just a rough estimate and considering how the world is at WWIII with a virus, the timing could be off but at least you will get an idea of the order of things to come and so on...

This is recently published by MyUsualMe one of my favorite guys on Youtube. Among other things he never fails in making me laugh :) I will never forget his "Prenup" comment in one of his previous CoE videos. That was Classic.

Not getting away from the subject here is the info and address on youtube:

ALPHA 1 Has Begun! But When Can WE Play Chronicles of Elyria?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8qxtmJc3h0

"I'd rather die standing than live on my knees."

3/23/2020 12:43:48 PM #2

Minor correction. The game is still in Pre-Alpha, but the current client is available to Alpha 1 backers for testing.

3/23/2020 1:02:54 PM #3

Posted By SoraSoldier at 8:43 PM - Mon Mar 23 2020

Minor correction. The game is still in Pre-Alpha, but the current client is available to Alpha 1 backers for testing.

Right you are :) just didn’t want to manipulate or change the title that was used on Youtube by the author of the video, so I copy/paste as is in there :) Thank you though it is an important note.

"I'd rather die standing than live on my knees."

3/23/2020 1:19:15 PM #4

Posted By SoraSoldier at 08:43 AM - Mon Mar 23 2020

Yeah, nothing to be confused about, with all the various pre-release experiences and clients that we got talked about :P

That being said, a valid question : based on references noted here, it says prelyria will be available to alpha 2, beta 1, beta 2, etc. backers at some point, so I wonder when and if other backers have access to pre-alpha experiences?

Also wonder how SBS sees that next few steps in the process now that every estimate / client discussed is basically out of the window haha.

I bet Caspian must be cooking us a 100k word long State-of-Elyria to explain it all, soon -- or I hope so anyways ;)

3/23/2020 3:50:10 PM #5

Pre-Alpha and PreElyria are two different things.

3/23/2020 6:44:23 PM #6

Posted By Stelaphina at 11:50 AM - Mon Mar 23 2020

Pre-Alpha and PreElyria are two different things.

Would you say that PrElyria is part of the Pre-Alpha? That's what I understood anyways.