COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Linux Support?

I'm sure the game will support Windows, but I was wondering if you are planning to support Linux?

5/5/2016 1:52:14 PM #1

caspian said if there is a demand for it they will port the game to mac and linux but right now its only for windows

5/9/2016 2:11:30 PM #2

I think you can consider there is a demand ! We are at least two to ask it. ^^'

I just saw few introduction video about the game, and I really enjoyed it. But as a gnu/linux user, I just subscribed to the forum to tell you : please make it playable on gnu/linux !

Or if you don't plan a native linux support, at least, make it runnable with Wine ! Which means rendering with OpenGL (and Vulkan ?) or dx9.

5/11/2016 12:07:43 PM #3

Hello guys, I too wish for this game to be ported to Mac as I do not own a gaming PC. I'm aware that if there is enough people demanding a Mac port it may in fact become a reality, so why don't we create a petition and gather people to support it? I think it'll attract many Mac and PC gamers alike and allow all of us the opportunity to play this game once it releases.

6/28/2016 5:07:13 PM #4

+1. Please linux native port. Now you can use vulkan. It is multiplataform.

9/16/2016 2:51:26 PM #5

I would love to see this game support Linux, I have a PC with linux, and my laptop is windows, and I hate HAVING to game certain games on my laptop due to my expensive gaming PC not being able to run games with Linux!!

Friend code: 68C804 Discord: Asin#5628 Group https://discord.gg/zHDDtfF

9/18/2016 10:52:43 AM #6

I would also really like a support of Linux.

9/18/2016 2:13:45 PM #7

Check the kickstart, I believe Linux and Mac are stretch goals along with VR.

Join Freeport County, we like boats. And dogs.

9/18/2016 3:27:05 PM #8

As good Antelino mentioned this is a stretch goal on the Kickstarter, specifically the stretch goal is,

"Expanded Platforms: Max / Linux / VR Support" for $2,100,000. The Kickstater hit a $1,350,000 stretch goal before it ended however sales in the store (which is coming October 3rd) will contribute to unlocking more stretch goals.

So look forward to the store gentlemen and consider making a donation to get us closer to that $2,100,000 mark. You can see the Kickstarter here if interested, the stretch goals are about 80% down,

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soulboundstudios/chronicles-of-elyria-epic-story-mmorpg-with-aging/description

9/27/2016 3:12:35 PM #9

A game with this much customization, good graphics, and advanced game tools and features will cause a major stir in the online gaming community. For that Linux and Mac support should be considered necessary even if only secondary with support.

I myself am a Linux user, I have a windows Dual boot but due to a bad nvidia quadro driver update so I can't actually use windows until nvidia fixes the issue (unlikely to ever happen.) so I will be forced to run linux only despite having kept my eyes on this game for such a long time with great hype.

As a game developer myself I look forward to playing and analyzing the game when it comes out. But I also know that the Linux community is always growing and is likely not to stop. With this in mind I plan on releasing whatever games I develop to all three operating systems regardless of requests just so it i available.

It might be a good Idea to hire a few people who specialize in linux compatibility from the ubuntu forums, and some from the Mac forums o that compatible support can be made. I can say from experience that Wine is a pain in the ass to run any game on and support for any application or game in wine is extremely limited despite the need of a lot of users.

Off the record a bit, I am looking for work, though I am currently not a fluent programmer in any language yet.

Anyway, Linux support would be appreciated by a great many, especially since there is a lack of multiplayer games with support for linux users.

10/14/2016 1:18:57 AM #10

Do you believe we will reach the Linux goal?

Hello, i am trying to write a fancfic and need help with it since english is not my first langague: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/8070/help-nedded you can read it here: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/7546/the-spirit-of-the-void-chapter-3-is-out-0605

5/31/2017 8:58:30 AM #11

+1

7/1/2017 12:55:27 AM #12

I suggest that Mac and Linux portability/compatibility might put you a leg up on VR, so count me in the number wishing for that.

-NOSIG-

7/1/2017 4:53:32 AM #13

I want it, I won't expect it.

Us linux users are a minority of a minority :D

8/19/2018 3:05:35 AM #14

I want to buy a Governor pledge, but not until I know it will be available on MAC.

8/19/2018 3:26:28 AM #15

First the game has to be completed in one form. Then, with sufficient demand and support, not to mention financial incentive, they can port it to other platforms.

In short, I would not expect to see plans for other platforms to even be considered/announced until well after Exposition at the very earliest, and more likely until things stabilize after launch and they get a chance to breath (followed by a well earned 30 day vacation!)

But to enjoy CoE in all it's goodness, you really should start out early with PC until the other platforms follow along. You know you like being on the leading edge of greatness, and we would like to have you join us right from the start!